Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Panels Being Cut

I went to the metal/junk recyclers and found some really cheap 75" x 4 3/5" aluminum panels ($1 each). I had originally planned to go strictly 4u with my modular build but I figured that because I'm not actually going to be swapping any Buchla panels in and out of this machine, that I may as well buy these. One of the downsides of buying this metal as that I had originally planned on having one or two 8.5" panels, but this metal isn't wide enough for that. Still, it's cheap and I can work around that. There was some other metal I was interested in as well but there was no way that I would of been able to fit it in my small car.

So I bought five of these metal sheets and took them to a local metal fabricator to have cut at 4u. One of those sheets will be cut down the middle and then cut every 7". I'm hoping they make good panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment